CANCELLED - ICD-10-CM Coding for SNF/LTC 2-day training NAB Approved #2313
Tuesday, October 17, 2023 8:30 AM - Wednesday, October 18, 2023 3:30 PM (CDT)
CANCELLED - This 2-day training, is designed for individuals who are new to ICD-10 coding in nursing facilities or need to brush up on their coding skills. Participants will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to accurately assign ICD-10-CM codes for clinical and billings practices. Participants will learn about the organization and structure of ICD-10-CM codes and review coding conventions and guidelines. Participants will learn how to use the resource books to accurately assign ICD-10-CM codes through in-class coding exercises focused on the skilled nursing facility population.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this session, the learner will:
1. Understand the definitions of ICD-10-CM terminology
2. Understand the ICD-10-CM coding guidelines
3. Demonstrate the ability to utilize resource materials to accurately assign ICD-10-CM codes
4. Will be familiar with all chapters of ICD-10-CM
5. Understand best practices for diagnosis coding in the SNF setting.
6. Develop skills to prevent common coding errors in the SNF setting.
7. Identify clinical information that should be documented to support ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding specificity.
8. Demonstrate ability to analyze and code Section I of the MDS 3.0
9. Demonstrate ability to sequence codes correctly for billing.
10. Demonstrate ability to apply ICD-10-CM coding guidelines to common SNF scenarios through the use of case study examples.
Presented by: Shelly Maffia MSN, MBA, RN, LNHA, QCP, CHC, CLNC, CPC. Shelly Maffia currently serves as the Director of Regulatory Services for Proactive Medical Review and Consulting.
Member per person (WITH CEUs) = $345.05
Member per person (NO CEUs) = $309.00
Non-member per person (WITH CEUs) =$396.55
Non-member per person (NO CEUs) = $360.50
3% discount if paying by check Use Promo Code CHECK3
Cancellation policy located at careoklahoma.com - Education
3500 N.W. 150th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73134 United States
Check-in: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Training: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (both days)
Lite lunch provided